During the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF 2018) Grenada and Russia Executed the Memorandum of Understanding for Scientific and Clinical Cooperation in The Field of Healthcare
ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA – May 24, 2018 – Embassy of Grenada to the Russian Federation, announced that on the sidelines of the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF 2018), the Ministry of Health of Grenada, represented by Hon. Minister Nickolas Steele executed the Memorandum of Understanding with the National Medical Research Center of Pediatric Hematology, Oncology and Immunology of the Ministry of Healthcare of the Russian Federation named after Dmitry Rogachev.
The parties recognizing the benefits of a long-term and mutually beneficial cooperation in the field of healthcare guided by the desire to develop partnership and cooperation for the implementation of international healthcare quality standards, innovative technologies and education have set out the framework to create, maintain and strengthen bilateral cooperation.
Highlights of the Memorandum of Understanding:
- Cooperation between medical organizations on specialized issues and diagnostics through teleconferences, etc.;
- Joint research and its application in treatment;
- Assistance in creation of a pediatric cancer registration database system in Russia;
- The exchange of information and experience of medical practice in the diagnosis and treatment of childhood and adolescent oncological, immunological and hematological diseases as well as for the rehabilitation of this group of patients;
- The conduct of joint research, conferences and symposia;
- The professional development of medical staff as well as on-the-job specialist training;
- Cooperation related to postgraduate education and research, as agreed by the Parties;
- The provision of medical and educational services.
“In our national journey to universal healthcare coverage no place is too far and no two peoples so different that we should not be working together, in fact it is the opposite, we must go further and forge new relationship if we are to achieve the goal of universal health coverage,” commented Hon. Nickolas Steele, Minister of Health, Social Security and International Business of Grenada.
Embassy of Grenada to
the Russian Federation
Tel. +7 (495) 241-01-11